Thursday, January 19, 2012

Is it worth getting a premium membership to International Pool Tour for the video library access?

I'm still working on what to get my brother for Christmas. He is really into pool, and he's in a league. He is winning a lot of games.


People have made lots of good suggestions, and one is to get him instructional DVD's. Is it worth just getting him a two month membership (among other things) to International Pool Tour for their instructional DVD library? Thanks!|||I suggest giving your brother a book instead --%26gt; Byrne's Complete Book of Pool Shots: 350 Moves Every Player Should Know.





Robert Byrne is a hall-of-famer and a master teacher in the pool industry. The book contains 20 categories of pool shots (from tickys to double-kisses, and from jump shots to diamond systems). Some secret shots that only the pool professionals know are revealed in this book. This book is by far, the best book I've ever read about pool/billiard. No matter how good your brother is already, I guarantee his game will improve further. My game improved from level 1 to level 5 (10 being the highest) and I only have time to play once-a-week. It's definitely worth it!





Caveat: The book does not seem to be available locally. I had to made a special order at Powerbooks. I had a bad experience ordering it from Powerbooks though -- aside from the extra cost due to the special order, it took them more than the usual 3-4 weeks to get me the book. So, good luck if you decide to order this book.|||No, I am a pool player and that seems kinda lame. Its not actually a tangible gift that I think he would like best. I have never looked into what you are talking about, but you can go on youtube and get some kind of instructions on pool. You could get him a subscription to Billiards Digest or trick shot DVD by Mike Massy he is awesome by the way. Or be simple and get him a gift card to an online billiards store that way he can choose what ever he wanted. |||Do not give any money to the IPT under any circumstance. Giant crooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment