Thursday, January 19, 2012

What else should I put on my job application for a position at the public library?

Hi! I'm 16 years old and have never had a job before. I'm applying for a position at the Omaha Public Library.





I'm trying to think of things to put on my application to make them want to hire me. Here's what I have so far that I'm planning on including:


- I did a student internship at my youth church


-Knowledge of computers


-Can type 60 wpm


-Childcare volunteer at church


-then i'll probably include something about my 3.81 gpa/good grades





Another thing I do is play in the worship band at my church every Wednesday night. I'm thinking of putting that on the application somewhere, because it's technically volunteering, and it requires commitment to be on time for practice every week. Would that be a good idea to include that or would that be too random?


What else should I think about including?


Also, I wasn't planning on turning in an actual resume with my application, because I haven't had a real job yet, and the application has a section for experience/work record. Is that okay?|||I would certainly include your involvement with the worship band as well as your other activities. I would also include something about your reading habits and how much you like to read.





In this case I don't think a resume is required, but it is never a bad idea to include one.

No comments:

Post a Comment